Sunday 2 December 2012

The Devil's in the Detail

I have been painting most of the weekend on the flowers of the Dryandra formosa. It is now coming together and I can see what I need and want to put in.
 
As I was happily applying washes and adding some more details this morning, I suddenly thought "Oh no, I havent taken any photos to post". So here is where I am with the painting.
 
 
 
There are still more overall washes to apply and I will now focus on tone and tonal balance, colour and colour harmony and of course refining the detail.
  
 
The more I do, the more excited I become and the more anxious I am to see the finished result, which I will share with you.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel your excitement as you arrived at this stage - its like watching a flower bloom on the page! :)

    ReplyDelete