Wednesday 1 October 2014

London & Venice

July 2014 - beginning - Mittagong, Southern Highlands NSW
At the beginning of July I taught at Sturt Winter School in Mittagong, which is one of my favourite venues. Winter School is so relaxed with half as many students as Summer School, wonderful morning teas delivered to us each day, fantastic staff and a really wonderful week.


July 2014 - end - London & Venice
At the end of July I flew to London, where I spent some time as a 'home base' and I taught various workshops in Botanical Art. All my botanical art students are so enthusiastic and motivated, it makes my work so very enjoyable. After teaching managed to get some free time and went to Venice.

Everything seems so close when in London. It is a Travellers Delight. So inexpensive to almost fly in and fly out. Here are a few sketches I did while in London. Love the architecture!



Kensington London




 Here are a few sketches from Venice. Every corner, every bridge, every street is an artists paradise. I love the colour, the vibrancy, the architecture and also the serenity.Would love to spend more time here. Having been many times before, I never tire of Venice. This grande old dame changes with the seasons and the sunrises and sunsets. Always magnificent.

Looking from St Marks to Giudecca Island, where coincidentally George Cluny stayed in the Cipriani Hotel for his wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment