Sunday 18 March 2018

Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart

I recently visited the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens in Hobart, which is 200 years old this year.
The weather was perfect, with clear blue skies and a few fluffy clouds, very warm with a light breeze. It could not have been better for my first experience of the gardens.

The bridge over the lily pond

The Subantartic Plant House
The Fernery

I left no stone unturned, and with my map in hand I explored every feature and every garden. There was the Chinese Collection, the Japanese Garden, the Subantarctic Plant House, the Conservatory and more.

The Conservatory on left
Me in the conservatory

There were cacti gardens, a fernery, a eucalyptus section, the Lily Pond and more.


And I could not resist buying a wonderful memento of my visit there, a lovely flowering gum canister.



I would highly recommend his unique and historical garden for all to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment